TRE® - Simple Overview
TRE® (Tension, Stress & Trauma Release Exercise) is an innovative series of exercises, that assists the body to allow the release of muscular holding patterns of stress, tension and trauma.
TRE® was created by Dr. David Berceli, PhD. The technique emerged out of his many years spent working with large traumatized communities, whilst living in Africa and the Middle East.
- TRE® activates a natural reflex mechanism of shaking (vibrating) to release muscular tension and calm the nervous system
- When this muscular shaking (vibrating) mechanism is activated in a safe and controlled manner, the body returns to healthier state of balance (homeostasis)
- TRE®’s reflexive muscle vibrations are generally felt as being pleasant
- Practicing TRE® produces the same brain waves as meditation, yet the mind does not have to be clear of thoughts, a bonus for anyone who finds meditation difficult
- Most people find TRE® soothing to do and report that afterwards, they have general feelings of peace and well-being
TRE® is backed by research and based on the fundamental idea, that stress, tension and trauma, are both psychological and physical. Dr. David Berceli’s observations and explorations, led him to understand that this natural shaking (vibrating) response -inherent in mammals as a whole – is a body’s built-in system, and that it quiets the brain and releases muscular tension.
Who Can Learn TRE®?
Most people can learn TRE®, and once practiced enough, it only takes fifteen minutes. You do not need any special equipment. TRE® is a SELF-HELP tool and can be done anywhere. You can use it independently throughout a lifetime, to continuously support and promote personal health and wellness.
Who Can Benefit From TRE®?
The shaking mechanism in our muscles is a very natural part of our human behaviour, so everyone can benefit. The tremoring of the muscles causes deep relaxation, that naturally reduces stress levels.
TRE® helps release emotions ranging from mild upsets to severe anxiety caused by work stress, excessive worry, conflict in relationships, physical stressors such as traumas from accidents, natural disasters, surgeries and injuries.
TRE® Benefits Include
- Lessen worry
- Decrease general anxiety
- Increase energy
- Diminish persistent pain symptoms
- Improve relationships
- Induce sleep
- Reduce muscle & lower back pain
- Lessen workplace stress
- Increase flexibility
- Enhance emotional resiliency
- Heal old injuries
- Minimize anxiety surrounding illness
- Relieve chronic medical conditions
TRE® Scientific Explanation
For most people, TRE® is safe and effective. However, it is not a substitute for trauma recovery methods that are psychiatric or psychological nature.
Kathleen, will refer you to a Certified TRE® Provider with specific training for any of the following conditions:
- Psychiatric conditions that require supervision
- Delicate psychological defences
- Complex history of trauma
TRE® is not suitable if any of the following currently apply to you:
- Physical limitations (ie: broken bones)
- Acute concussion / whiplash
- Irregular blood pressure / heart conditions
- Surgeries healed less than six months
Every person is unique, and each case will be dealt with on an individual basis
Booking TRE® Sessions
Kathleen Keller – Certified TRE® Provider
Kathleen offers TRE® Trainings for the general public in the following ways: